Tuesday 17 June 2014

wanderlust

Howdee

I can't be bothered with a long introduction, any of you lovely enough to click on this blog (and at the moment you're doing nothing except registering a hit for it), know the purpose of it! I'm lucky enough to be travelling to Costa Rica, for a month of voluntary work. I'll be catching the flight in approximately 16 hours and three minutes as I write this.
It is bound to be daunting, challenging, exciting and a huge amount of fun, and I hope I'll come out of it with a few half-interesting anecdotes to bore people to hell with for the rest of the summer. I'm staying at a nature reserve called Rancho Naturalista, about 900 metres above sea level in the Cloud Forest (ecologists name for high-altitude rainforest). There seems to be a fair variety of odds and ends I will be doing, from giving guided walks to visitors to refilling hummingbird feeders, through raking leaves off of paths and pointing out/identifying birds to tourists and visitors on the balcony every morning. While getting a free breakfast. In Costa Rica. If there's a god up there somewhere, I must be in his good books!
I'll be keeping you all updated here with fascinating stories, stunning photos and a wit that makes Oscar Wilde look like a slack-jawed yokel, or so I hope. In reality, I'll probably be trying to piece together a coherent sentence as I collapse back into my cabin every night desperate for the sweet embrace of a tropical nights slumber. But it'll let you all know what I'm up to, which is the main purpose of this blog. When my Mum and dad were off travelling the world, they only sent a postcard back every few months! In some ways I'd love to do that too, but keeping in touch with everyone will be good, and it means you can start getting bored by my constant anecdotes almost as soon as they've happened.
Would write more, but I want to go watch Brazil-Mexico and I think I've probably written loads already.
Hasta Luego! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home